Model of “costrell” or farm labourer’s water bottle, circa 16th century. Made of local clay at St. Mary’s Pottery, Skimpot. Dug up on the site of the London & County Bank, Luton, May 1898. Rd. No. 630308
Registered in 1914 and apparently in production almost immediately because it was illustrated and listed as a new shape in the 8th edition of The Goss Record which was published in the same year.