William of Wykeham Founder of Winchester College 1393. Rd. 208046


height: 205mm

Matching Arms


Additional Notes

This coloured statue was registered in 1893 and was presumably introduced in the same year by the then Winchester agent (A. L. Henty) as a commemorative souvenir marking the 500th anniversary of the founding of Winchester College. The main inscription appears in Gothic script on the front of the pedestal as can be seen in the photograph. The registration number is found on the porcelain head of the removable wire-stemmed crozier. The statue does not carry a coat of arms.